LETS FIND THE TALENT IN HOSPITALITY
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The MARLABS INC
The Restaurants Canada and The Fifteen Group “Let’s Re-Launch Right Package Giveaway (“Contest”) is sponsored by MARLABS INC, located at 241 Christie street, Toronto, Ontario, M6G3B5
2. ELIGIBILITY: the Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules, including but not limited to the eligibility requirements set out herein. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsors, in the Sponsors’ sole discretion.
3. CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: The Contest begins on January 1st, 2020 at 12:01 AM EST and ends on December 31st, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST (“Contest End Date”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
4. HOW TO ENTER:
Be voted in by customers of your establishment after any customer service interaction. For this contest, receipt of an Internet entry occurs when the Sponsors’ servers record the entry information. All entries are subject to verification by the Sponsors in their sole discretion.Multiple entries per person are allowable. By entering and participating in this Contest, you agree that you have read and complied with all Contest rules.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsors’ sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entry forms that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsors a non-exclusive license to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry by Sponsors.
5. CONTEST PRIZES: There is a total of one prize to be won as follows: (i)A bottle of wine, domestic or imported, selected by our CEO (approximate value $70 CAD). Prize winner must execute the Sponsors’ Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release.
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this contest or use or redemption of the prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Additional travel associated costs may apply if the winner’s restaurant location is outside of a major Canadian city (as defined by having an international airport). Prize must be used within 3 Months of draw date. Prizes or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at time of award.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received before Contest End Date.
7. WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: On Friday, January 1st, 2021 at 11:00 AM EST, in Toronto (“Draw Date”), the Sponsors, or an employee or other representative of the Sponsors, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries and select the potential winner. (“Selected Entrant”). A Selected Entrant will be deemed a winner if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, a Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, the Sponsor’s time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call; (ii) comply with all Contest Rules; and (iii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release forms, all in the sole discretion of the Sponsors.
The Selected Entrant will be notified by telephone within one (1) business day of the draw. The Selected Entrant will be contacted using the email address provided on their entry form. Up to three attempts will be made within 48 hours. Selected Entrants that do not or cannot accept a Prize by January 5, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST, may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, at the Sponsors’ sole discretion. Signed release forms must be received by the Sponsors no later than February 14, 2020. The Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsors to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the e-mail address submitted). Selected Entrants may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the email address.
8. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The winner must sign a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release forms to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsors, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsors, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize, including any travel thereto and the use of the Entry by the Sponsors.
Sponsors are not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
9. CONDUCT: The Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (i) violating these Contest Rules; (ii) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (iii) acting in an un-sportsperson-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, all at the Sponsors’ sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. OTHER CONDITIONS: The Sponsors reserve the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsors reserve the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
Publicity and entrant information: By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, e-mail address, social media handles, telephone number, comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of this Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsors, without further notice or compensation. Any and all information provided for this Contest is provided to the Sponsors.
Law: The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, and any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
Rule amendments: The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsors corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsors. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsors is strictly prohibited. The Sponsors’ marketing or other partners, if any, shall also have access to and rights to reproduce, copy or otherwise use any materials generated by this Contest or any submissions or materials generated by entrants.